Want to be an intern at the Rede Group?
The Rede Group internship is an educational experience, intended to provide an overview of how a consulting firm operates and to give participants practical experience in the area of Public Health, research or communications.
Interns have the opportunity to work 20 to 40 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks. The schedule is flexible, but must be completed during regular firm hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 5:30).
Internship responsibilities will be split between daily office tasks we assign each week and coursework requirements.
Who We Are Looking For
Dynamic and motivated individual who is pursuing or recently completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a public health-related field (e.g., health education, behavioral science, health policy, epidemiology, social marketing) with an interest in applying their skills and gaining practical experience in Public Health.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Check facts, compile information, and synthesize information and data to present and prepare reports and/or proposals
- Assist in policy analysis and reporting
- Assist in the development of written and presentation materials designed to disseminate results of projects
- Support Project Coordinators and Principals on various tasks as assigned
- Apply knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods and data analysis to assignments
Other duties may be assigned throughout the internship depending on needs and priorities.
Applicants must have one or more of the following skills:
- Experience conducting literature searches
- Strong knowledge of research methodology
- Experience entering information into databases
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative data analyses
- Experience transcribing qualitative data
- Strong writing skills
- Current or recent enrollment in Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program in a public health-related field
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills in English; ability to write and present data and information in a compelling way to different audiences
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams
- Understanding and interest in improving the health and wellbeing of people in communities throughout Oregon and beyond
- Ability to read carefully, follow directions, and attend to detail
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Savvy Internet research skills as well as a willingness to use print materials and telephone skills for extended research
- Ability to work 20 hours per week for at least 3 months
The Public Health Intern will contribute to existing projects and new business development activities by conducting research and analysis to identify key issues and best practices used to protect and improve the health and education of individuals and communities throughout Oregon and beyond. Topics to be covered may range from education and promotion of healthy lifestyles to research for disease and injury prevention.
To apply, send an email letter of introduction with your resume attached to email@example.com. No phone call or drop-ins, please. We do our best to answer all internship inquiries, as time permits.